Delivered in 6, 12 or 18 cubic metres anywhere within the greater Sydney area. Taking out a tree, we can turn it to mulch on site for you.
Putting the Good Stuff Back
Trees and plants lucky enough to be growing in a natural environment stand in rich, well aerated soil. Their roots are covered by a fabulous concoction of leaves, living organisms – like earthworms – and organic material. This wonderful stuff, called mulch, enriches and feeds the soil by recycling the nutrients the mulch releases as it decomposes. It’s the perfect environment for the healthy growth of trees and plants. Urban environments have lost this natural material. We need to put it back if we want our trees and gardens to thrive.
7 Reasons Why Mulching is Important for the Health of Your Garden
- Mulch helps to reduce soil moisture loss through evaporation.
- Mulch insulates the soil, keeping the plant’s roots cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Mulch helps control weed germination and growth, keeping it to an absolute minimum, if allowing it at all.
- Over time, mulch improves the soil’s aeration, biology, drainage, fertility and structure by releasing nutrients and providing a wonderful habitat for those great ecosystem engineers like earthworms and insects.
- Organic mulch prevents certain plant diseases to some extent.
- Mulch gives beds a neater appearance and helps to prevent damage to tree trunks and plants during bed trimming and lawn-mowing sessions.
Using the correct mulch is vital. The wrong material and you could do more harm than good to your garden. Even if you have the perfect mulch, use it incorrectly and you may end up killing your plant. Always leave a few inches around the tree trunk or plant stem.
The Best Mulching Material Around.
In our opinion, organic mulch is the best there is. Inorganic mulch usually doesn’t decay, so it doesn’t add anything beneficial back to the soil. Wood chip mulch is a better alternative to expensive weed killing chemicals as its high carbon content is great for keeping weeds down in walkways and adding aesthetic value to the area.
Tree Mulching Services FAQ
Frequently asked questions about our tree mulching services
Can you turn anything other than trees into mulch?
No, our chippers only chip tree material. The tree material must also be free of any foreign bodies and/or dirt.
Can you turn any size tree into mulch?
We can turn any tree log into mulch if it is no more than 45.72cm (18 inches) in diameter.
I've heard you deliver mulch for free?
Yes, we deliver 6, 12 or 18 cubic metres anywhere within the greater Sydney area.
Call us on 1800 438 567
Contact us today for all you tree maintenance requirements and we’ll be only too happy to conduct a free on-site inspection within 48 hours. Our obligation-free quotes include a risk assessment and clearly marked photographs outlining the work to be done.